- what is J2EE (Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition )
J2EE is a platform-independent, Java-centric environment from Sun for developing, building and deploying Web-based enterprise applications online. The J2EE platform consists of a set of services, APIs, and protocolsthat provide the functionality for developing multitiered, Web-based applications.
Some of the key features and services of J2EE:
- At the client tier, J2EE supports pure HTML, as well as Java applets or applications. It relies on Java Server Pages and servletcode to create HTML or other formatted data for the client.
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs) provide another layer where the platform’s logic is stored. An EJB server provides functions such as threading, concurrency, security and memory management. These services are transparent to the author.
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), which is the Java equivalent to ODBC, is the standard interface for Java databases.
- The Java servlet API enhances consistency for developers without requiring a graphical user interface.
In simpler terms, J2EE is essentially a standard middleware architecture, proposed by Sun Microsystems for developing and deploying multitier, distributed, e-enabled, enterprise scale business applications. Applications written for J2EE standards enjoy certain inherent benefits such as portability, security, scalability, load-balancing, and reusability.
2) How to install JBoss in eclipse
download from this site : http://jbossas.jboss.org/downloads
in eclipse , goto ： help —-> eclipse market , type “jboss” , select “JBoss Tools 4.4.4.final” , and install it
after install , restart eclipse as require .
3) How to build jboss server